Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The Glam of the Oscars: Biggest Trends

The Oscars are one of the more glamorous awards shows. 

The stars tend to be more composed, going for classy over trendy. It is always interesting to see what the biggest trends of the night were, when you can see some major stars wearing similar silhouettes, makeup or hair styles, and jewelry.

For today's blog, I thought I would go over the biggest Oscar trends, and see what all of the stars (or their stylists!) are loving!

The first big trend of the night was diamond chokers.
Every woman loves diamonds, but I'm not too sure if this is a favorite trend of mine!

Second biggest trend was big buns. 
This is a trend I am definitely a fan of. 
I love seeing everyone's hair off their face and focusing on flawless makeup!

Sexy, undone waves. 
Not typical for the red carpet, but they definitely pulled it off!

Deep Maroon Nails. Love it!
 Darker color adds a little bit of an edgier look than a pale pink or nude.

Heavy Bangs... I'm not a fan of them!
Rooney Mara's are too short, and Ellie Kemper's and Rose Byrne's were too heavy. 
All I see when I look at these woman is bangs!

The last major trend of the night was the ponytail. 
I love it. Hair off the face, with the focus all about the dress and the makeup.
These woman really pulled off the casual pony, without looking sloppy.
(All photos and trends taken from www.people.com)

What was your favorite trend of the night?
(Please, don't say the bangs!)

2 comments:

  1. My favorite trend was definitely the bun and the waves...NOT the heavy bang! I didn't notice so many similiar trends while watching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post and great blog!
    I love it:)
    <3

    ReplyDelete