Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Grammy Award's 2012: Best & Hideously Dressed!

The Grammy's are my favorite awards show. Besides the fact that I love to see what crazy performances the artists are going to do, (Nicki Minaj? I'm still confused!).... I love to see the fashion! The Grammy's tend to be less formal, and a little more trendy and fashion forward!

Since the Grammy's were just on, I thought I would share my favorite trends, and the ones that just didn't cut it for me!

First up: The Amazing Adele!
 Adele wore a shimmering custom Giorgio Armani, that flattered her newly slimmed down frame. She kept her makeup simple, yet still glamorous with a bright red lip and heavy black liner. My favorite of the night!

 Carrie Underwood
Carrie Underwood always looks amazing. She was wearing a white open-back Gomez-Gracia dress, with simple makeup and her hair in a loose up-do.

Rihanna
Rihanna also wore a custom Giorgio Armani gown. The gown had an open back, low neckline, and high slit, yet it still looked simple and sexy. She topped her look off with her newly blonde hair, smokey eye, and nude lips.

Fergie may have been in many fashion magazines best dressed list, but she was in my worst!
Fergie wore an orange lace mermaid dress by Jean Paul Gaultier Haute Couture. The look was completed with a high-waisted black bikini underneath, which is fitting, since this looks more like a glamorous swimsuit coverup than a dress you wear to a red carpet event!

Last but not least, Nicki Minaj
I understand she was in character for her out of control performance we would see later in the night, but head to toe, in a red cloak? She should have limited the craziness to her performance instead!

Who was your best dressed/worst dressed pick from The Grammy's?

(All photos from www.people.com)

4 comments:

  1. I LOVED Adele's dress! She looked so classy.
    I agree about Fergie, she did not make my best dressed list either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite a beautiful place you've created here Amanda! It goes so well with what you love and are passionate about. If one gets lost deciding what magazine to look or more importantly what to wear to that party, they can always visit Amanda's Beauty Box for tips!!! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute! I just followed! Follow me back and enter in my giveaway http://beautyfashionbyme.blogspot.com/2012/02/giveaway-thanks-for-great-followers.html

    ReplyDelete