Thursday, February 9, 2012

Bad Hair Day? Try the Top Knot!

Lately I have been so busy,  I haven't had much time or energy to try and put together a cute hairstyle! Between rushing from class to work, I wanted something that is easy to do, without looking like I just rolled out of bed... (even if I did!)

Glamour posted an article on their website: 5 Cute Ways To Wear A Top Knot (Without Looking Like You Have A Small Squash Growing On Your Scalp) and I was instantly intrigued. 

I have been seeing numerous celebrities wearing the top knot hairstyle! Whether they are at a red carpet event, or shopping on the streets of New York, this hairstyle always looks classy and trendy.

What's nice about this hairstyle is that there are a lot of different ways that you can wear it, so you don't have to have a certain type of hair to make it work. It's simple to make it tight and neat, or messy and fun!

Kim Kardashian wore the top knot, keeping it tight and slicked back. This is more of a professional and classy way to wear the trend.

Keri Russell wore her top knot high and loose, creating a more relaxed and fun look, which is my personal favorite.


I have fallen in love with the top knot trend, and love how quick and easy it is! Below is a video I found on YouTube by "It's Judy Time". She gave a perfect demonstration of the top knot as inspired by Kourtney Kardashian. Spend the 2 minutes to watch the video and join the top knot trend!


Photos from Allure.com
YouTube video by It's Judy Time: http://www.youtube.com/social/blog/itsjudytime

3 comments:

  1. Hi Amanda-great blog, quick question though...what if you have short hair:( I HATE doing my hair but it get's tricky when your hair is just slightly above my shoulders. Pony tails aren't always an option. Any tips?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marybeth- try a headband! Tease the top of your hair and pull it back into a low pony and wear a cute headband! Quick and easy way to look put together in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great post. I really loved reading your blog so I'm now following it=)
    <3

    ReplyDelete